Cake for breakfast?! I’m all in! This blueberry breakfast cake is another big hit from Pinterest that has made it’s rounds by many a pinner. This recipe hails from Alexandra’s Kitchen, and is a definite keeper in my kitchen… it. was. awesome.
Hurry…go get the stuff from the store and make it soon!
Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 tsp. lemon zest or more — zest from 1 large lemon
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cream butter with lemon zest and 3/4 cup of the sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Meanwhile, toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour, then whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3. Add the flour mixture to the batter a little at a time, alternating with the buttermilk. Fold in the blueberries.
- 4. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with butter or coat with non-stick spray. Spread batter into pan. (The batter will be very thick) Sprinkle batter with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Check with a toothpick for doneness. If necessary, return pan to oven for a couple of more minutes. (Note: Baking for as long as 10 minutes more might be necessary.) Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
I’m linking up with :: Skip To My Lou ▪ A Southern Fairytale ▪ Delightfully Dowling ▪ DIY Home Sweet Home ▪ Crazy for Crust ▪ Tater Tots and Jello ▪ Fingerprints on the Fridge ▪ Mom Trends ▪ Thirty Handmade Days ▪ At the Picket Fence ▪ Savannah’s Savory Bites ▪ Add A Pinch ▪ Sumo’s Sweet Stuff ▪ DIY Home Sweet Home ▪ Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker ▪ DIY Home Sweet Home ▪ I Should Be Mopping The Floor ▪ Tip Junkie ▪ Crazy for Crust ▪ Naptime Creations ▪ Funky Polka Dot Giraffe ▪ Blessed with Grace ▪ Mandy’s Recipe Box ▪ Permanent Posies ▪ I Blog 4 Me ▪ Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
Leave a Reply