This casserole is great to throw together ahead of time and put in the fridge overnight. I like to do this with various dishes and casseroles especially when I have overnight guests. It makes things so much more enjoyable when I can grab a pre-made dish from the fridge and pop it in the oven, relax and have coffee with everyone while it’s cooking.
Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- 1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 15 oz can evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 12 oz can Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits
- In a cast iron skillet or heavy bottomed skillet, brown the sausage over medium high heat, breaking it up into crumbles with a wooden spoon.
- When sausage is completely cooked, reduce heat to medium-low and sprinkle the flour over the meat and stir well to absorb the drippings.
- Continue cooking for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly pour whole milk in while stirring.
- Add in the evaporated milk and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until thickened. (gravy should coat the back of a spoon). If too thick, thin by adding a water a little at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits and cut the biscuits into quarters. Place biscuits inside prepared baking dish.
- Pour gravy evenly over the top of the biscuits.
- If preparing the day before, allow to cool for about 30 minutes, cover with foil and place in refrigerator until ready to bake.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake, covered for 20 to 25 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until tops of biscuits are light golden brown.
- Serve immediately.