BBQ Grilled Shrimp Tostadas
- For Grilled Shrimp:
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled & deveined, tail on
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Lawry’s Season Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cloves coarsely chopped fresh garlic
- For Tostadas:
- 3 cups shredded cole slaw
- 1 lime
- 2 T fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded & diced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic minced & mashed
- 12 to stada shells
- 1 cup crumbled Queso Fresco
- 3 to matoes
- 4 avocados
- 3 limes cut into wedges
- For Grilled Shrimp: Whisk together the chipotle chili powder, brown sugar, cumin, season salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl, toss with olive oil and garlic. Add the spice rub and stir well to coat; set aside.
- Heat grill to high.
- Skewer shrimp with 2 skewers to prevent difficulty in turning shrimp.
- Place on a grill to cook until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- For Tostadas: Toast tostada shells in oven according to package directions.
- Cut avocados in half, remove seeds and scoop out pulp. In a small bowl, coarsely mash avocados and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In another medium bowl, combine slaw, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, mayonnaise, garlic and juice of 1 lime. Set aside.
- Chop tomato and set aside.
- When ready to serve, each person can build their tostada as they wish. Serve with lime wedges.
I’m linking up with :: Tidy Mom ▪ Designs by Gollum ▪ Mom Trends ▪ Simply Sweet Home ▪ Thirty Handmade Days ▪ At the Picket Fence ▪ la bella vita