Spring Greens with Pears, Sugared Walnuts & Gorgonzola
- 6 cups Spring salad greens
- 2 red pears cored & thinly sliced
- 8 oz. Gorgonzola cheese coarsely crumbled
- Sugared Walnuts:
- 1 c. walnut halves
- 2 T. white sugar
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salad: Combine Spring greens and pears in a large salad bowl. Top with cooled sugared walnuts.
- Right before serving, toss salad with desired amount of dressing. Add Gorgonzola crumbles at the very last, tossing lightly to incorporate into the salad.
- Sugared Walnuts: In a small pan, saute walnuts and sugar over medium heat until almonds are caramelized, stirring often (they will be light brown and coated with melted sugar), approximately 4-6 minutes. Spread the walnuts on foil or wax paper. After they cool, break apart.
- For the dressing: Combine ingredients in a jar or container with a lid and shake well. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.