Tex-Mex Beef Enchiladas
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions chopped & divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ packet taco seasoning mix
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 20 corn tortillas
- ¾ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large can Wolf brand chili
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese grated
Brown hamburger in 2 tablespoons oil with 1 chopped onion until browned and onion is tender; drain.
Stir in garlic and lightly saute.
Add taco seasoning and house seasoning with 1 cup water.
Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until most of water is absorbed and thickened.
Heat about ¾ cup of oil in a shallow skillet over medium heat.
Carefully dip each tortilla in oil to soften.
Use about 3 to 4 tablespoons of hamburger filling per tortilla; roll each one and place in rows in a large greased baking dish. Repeat procedure until all tortillas are filled.
Mix remaining filling with the chili and heat until warmed through.
Pour over top of rolled enchiladas and top with cheese and remaining chopped onion and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.