Creamy White Chicken Chili
Warm up with this filling Creamy White Chicken Chili! An easy to make chicken chili recipe that is loaded with juicy bites of chicken, great northern beans, mild green chiles, garlic, cream cheese and more!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans 15-1/2 ounces each great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can 14-1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cans 4 ounces each chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Tortilla chips optional
- Sour Cream optional
- Grated Cheese optional
- Sliced seeded jalapeno pepper optional
- Fresh Avocado Chunks optional
In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
Add the beans, broth, chiles and seasonings and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Stir in cubed cream cheese and stir until melted.
Add cream and heat through.
Top each bowl with sour cream, grated cheese, jalapenos, avocado and tortilla chips, if desired.