Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 pounds beef sirloin steak cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 oz package sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package wide egg noodles cooked
In a 3 ½ to 4 ½ quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except noodles and sour cream. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until meat is very tender.
Before serving time, cook noodles until done, drain and toss with 2 tablespoons butter or margarine.
While noodles are cooking, stir in sour cream to meat mixture and mix until combined. Adjust with salt and pepper to taste. Serve meat mixture over hot buttered noodles.