Spicy Peanut Chicken Udon Noodle Salad
Use rotisserie chicken for a quick and easy meal!
Servings: 6 to 8 servings
- 16 ounces dry Udon noodles can substitute linguini
- 2 cups diced rotisserie chicken
- 6 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup cored assorted mini peppers or regular colored bell peppers
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger peeled & minced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce reduce for milder flavor, if desired
Cook noodles according to package directions, drain well. (Allow noodles to drip-dry well so that they can absorb more sauce.)
Once noodles are thoroughly drained, toss together remaining salad ingredients except chopped peanuts and 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro and set aside.
In a food processor or blender, combine all peanut sauce ingredients and blend until smooth.
Drizzle half of the peanut sauce and gently toss with salad ingredients. Continue adding peanut sauce until the salad is well coated and add half of the chopped peanuts (you may need all of the sauce or less depending on your desired taste).
Place the salad in a serving dish and top with remaining peanuts and sprinkle with remaining cilantro.