Jalapeno Hush Puppies
Servings: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely diced fresh jalapeño
- 1 14.7 oz can cream corn
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning used: Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 + cups vegetable or peanut oil for frying
Preheat a deep fryer to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until combined.
Using a large pastry bag fitted with a large star tip, fill 1/2 full with hush puppy batter.
Pipe 6 to 8-inch long pipes of batter into the hot oil.
Fry until they float and are deep golden brown, flipping as needed to brown all sides.