Indian Fry Bread Tacos
Servings: 8 to 12 servings
- 1 recipe Indian Fry Bread
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 2 15.5 oz cans dark red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 head iceberg lettuce shredded
- 4 to matoes diced
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 6.5 oz can sliced black olives
- 6 green onions sliced
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 jar salsa
Brown ground beef over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Drain excess grease.
Stir in onions and continue to saute until onions are tender.
Stir in taco seasoning mix and 3/4 cup water. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until meat mixture thickens slightly and most of the water is cooked off.
Gently stir in drained and rinsed beans.
Assemble Tacos: Place fry bread on top of a serving plate and layer with ground beef mixture, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, black olives, green onion, sour cream and salsa.