Over the holidays I was looking for a good seafood appetizer and came across this recipe for shrimp wrapped in puff pastry. I decided to give it a try and was so glad I did. It was delicious and very simple!
Check out the following pictures for the step-by-step:
- 1 pkg. (5.2 ounces) garlic & herb spreadable cheese, softened (used: Allouette)
- 1 small package real bacon pieces
- 18 fresh jumbo shrimp (about 1 pound), peeled and deveined with tail left on
- ½ of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon cheese mixture on top of each shrimp, then 1 teaspoon bacon bits.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet crosswise into 18 (1/2-inch wide) strips. Starting at the top, wind 1 pastry strip around 1 shrimp, slightly overlapping the pastry and ending just before the tail. Repeat with the remaining pastry strips and shrimp. Place the pastries onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
Incoming search terms:
- shrimp puff pastry appetizer
- puff pastry shrimp appetizer
- shrimp in puff pastry