My husband and I had dinner at a steak house here in Houston called J. Alexander’s and I ordered their side special of Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower. I love roasted vegetables, so I knew I would really like this. After eating this side dish, I was hooked! J. Alexander’s roasted these vegetables to perfection…they had golden bits and slightly charred bits that gave them such a wonderful flavor. They also added a buttery breadcrumb that added a great buttery flavor to this as well. This was the perfect side dish to my steak and my husband’s salmon. I decided to give it a try at home and I think I came very close to how I remember it. I have made this twice since our dinner and it’s becoming a family favorite…give it a try and see what you think!
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts, ends trimmed & cut in half
- 1 head cauliflower, cut apart into florets
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- ½ stick butter, melted
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- In a large bowl, place Brussels Sprout halves and cauliflower florets. Add olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs and melted butter; mix to coat; set aside.
- Pour onto a foil-lined baking sheet (with sides) and roast for about 15 mintues. After 15 minutes, remove from oven and toss lightly to turn vegetables. Sprinkle buttered cracker crumbs evenly over the top of all the vegetables and return to oven. Continue to roast for an additional 15 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Incoming search terms:
- recipe brussel sprouts and cauliflower