My sister, June and I share a love for the quaint little town of Salado, Texas. Whenever she comes to visit, we make our little trek to Salado, where we love to visit Adelea’s on Main. We indulge in all sorts of good food from their menu, including our favorite appetizer of Balsamic Kettle Chips with Blue Cheese and Truffle Oil. Sadly, Adelea’s is no longer in business – boo! So, I decided to recreate these addictive chips so we can enjoy them whenever we want.
Blue cheese and gorgonzola cheese can be hard to pick out for eating as a topping or on a cheese board. My favorite for this recipe is Sartori Dolcina Gorgonzola. It can be found in the deli or cheese section of most grocery stores. I like it because it’s milder than many other and very creamy and pleasant tasting.
Every time I make this simple little recipe it’s a true test in self control. They are so addictive, I can’t stop eating them! Whether you’re having an impromptu get together or put-together party, they are the perfect addition to an appetizer menu. I love how simple they are to prepare, yet they taste and look so sophisticated. They go perfectly well with a cold beer, a crisp glass of wine or a tall glass of iced tea – it’s your choice; dress them up or play them down, they fit into just about any occasion.
Kettle Chips With Blue Cheese
Author: Jennifer Locklin
- 1 (8.5 oz) bag Bob’s Texas Style Original Kettle Chips or other Kettle cooked potato chips
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese (used: Sartori Dolcina Gorgonzola)
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil (used: Mantova Grand' Aroma Truffle Delight Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 4 tablespoons balsamic glaze (used: De Nigris Original Balsamic Glaze)
- Pour ½ of the chips into a serving bowl or onto a platter and sprinkle with ½ of the cheese and drizzle about a tablespoon of the truffle oil. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze over chips. Top with remaining chips. Repeat steps.
Serving size: 1/12th Calories: 244 Fat: 8 Saturated fat: 3 Unsaturated fat: 5 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 21 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 292 Fiber: 2 Protein: 5 Cholesterol: 8
Incoming search terms:
- kettle chips with blue cheese
- kettle chips and blue cheese
- blue cheese chips with balsamic glaze
- kettle chips with blue cheese recipes