Pimento Cheese is a savory Southern sandwich spread that’s quick and easy to make! Pimento Cheese is a simple combination of cheddar and American cheeses with pimiento peppers and other seasonings. It’s one of those foods that conjure up church fellowships and sandwich suppers from when I was little. Pimento cheese sandwiches were the first thing I’d grab for, and still do today if they’re being served!
This quick and easy recipe is a combination of the way my grandmother and my husbands grandmother made theirs. I love it! Use pimento cheese as a delicious sandwich spread or slathered on crackers, or a dip for fresh cut vegetables. Some folks even use it to make grilled cheese sandwiches or as an additional topping to burgers.
- 1½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1½ cups Velveeta processed cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1-4oz. jar chopped pimentos, drained
- ½ cup mayonnaise (not the sweet kind)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly to combine. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Incoming search terms:
- how long does homemade pimento cheese last
- how long is homemade pimento cheese good for
- how long does pimento cheese last in fridge
- how long does pimento cheese last
- how long will homemade pimento cheese keep in the refrigerator
- how long can you keep homemade pimento cheese
- how long will pimento cheese last in the fridge
- how long is pimento cheese good in the refrigerator
- How long will pimento and cheese last in fridge