Grilled Smashed Potatoes is another quick and easy recipe that you’ll love along side grilled chicken or steaks. These potatoes are also great for parties with added toppings, like sour cream, bacon, and chives. Serve four potatoes as a side dish to a meal.
- 24 small red-skinned and/or white-skinned potatoes (about 2 inches in diameter)
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 25 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to kitchen towel.
- Cool potatoes until they are cool enough to handle, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine olive oil, butter, garlic and rosemary in a small mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Add a couple of cranks of salt and pepper each to the mixture and stir.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and gently press each potato with the palm of your hand until split open and flattened to about 1-inch thickness (don't press too flat or potatoes will break apart).
- Brush potato tops with butter and oil mixture; top with cranks of salt and pepper.
- MAKE AHEAD: This can be made 2 to 3hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature, or the night before, then cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Place potatoes, oiled side down, on grill. Brush backsides with oil mixture. Cook until crisp and beginning to color, about 5 minutes per side. Serve warm.
I’m linking up with :: Monday :: Skip To My Lou ▪ A Southern Fairytale ▪ Add A Pinch ▪ Delightfully Dowling ▪ Sumo’s Sweet Stuff ▪ Dittle Dattle ▪ DIY Home Sweet Home ▪ Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker ▪ DIY Home Sweet Home ▪ I Should Be Mopping The Floor ▪ Jam Hands ▪ Food and Flix ▪ Beyer Beware :: Tuesday :: Tip Junkie ▪ Crazy for Crust ▪ Naptime Creations ▪ Funky Polka Dot Giraffe ▪ Blessed with Grace ▪ Mandy’s Recipe Box ▪ Permanent Posies ▪ I Blog 4 Me :: Wednesday :: This Chick Cooks ▪ Lady Behind the Curtain ▪ Sugar and Dots ▪ Gingersnap :: Thursday :: 36th Avenue ▪ Around My Family Table ▪ Miz Helen’s Country Kitchen ▪ Something Swanky ▪ Prairie Story ▪ Momnivore’s Dilemma :: Friday :: Tidy Mom ▪ Designs by Gollum ▪ Tater Tots and Jello ▪ Fingerprints on the Fridge ▪ Mom Trends ▪ Simply Sweet Home ▪ Thirty Handmade Days ▪ At the Picket Fence ▪ Amees Savory Dish ▪ Dwell On Joy ▪ Alli-n-Son ▪ ▪ Katherine Martinelli :: Saturday :: Crumbs & Chaos ▪ Sweet As Sugar Cookies ▪ Six Sisters Stuff :: Sunday :: The Girl Creative ▪ Under The Table Dreaming ▪ Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker ▪ A Well Seasoned Life
Incoming search terms:
- smashed potatoes