Chicken wings are a favorite finger food at most parties and these Grilled Asian Chicken Wings with Peanut Sauce will wow your mouth and your guests at your next party! Something about grilling the wings brings so much added flavor, along with the overnight marinade.
I like to sear the wings on the grill and finish them in a slow oven for tenderizing and thoroughly cooking them without burning them to a crisp. You need to preheat your grill to high heat and spray the grate with a high-heat cooking spray so that they don’t stick to your grill.
I used a lot of Vietnamese flavor in the marinade, including garlic, ginger, fish sauce and soy sauce. You don’t have to marinate them overnight if you don’t have time, but it is best to marinate them for at least an hour so that the meat can absorb a lot of flavor. Give these awesome wings a try and let me know what you think!
- 4 pounds chicken wings, cut into wingettes and drumettes
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ cup lime juice (2 to 3 limes)
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Peanut Sauce:Yields: about 2 cups
- ½ cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Thai chili sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Chopped dry roasted peanuts, for garnish
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl and submerge chicken wings in marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least one hour before grilling.
- Preheat grill to high heat, then spray with a high-heat cooking spray.
- Grill wings for about 4 minutes per side or until nicely marked with grill marks.
- Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet, cover with foil and roast at 300 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve warm with peanut sauce.
- For the peanut sauce: Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth and creamy. To thin, just add a little more water.
- You can heat this in the microwave, if you wish, or serve at room temperature.
A special thank you to The Pinterest Kitchen for organizing CookOutWeek! Check out the details below and enter to win some awesome prizes!
#CookoutWeek – an entire week filled with yummy summer recipes perfect for your next cookout, along with a fun giveaway, courtesy of some awesome sponsors.
It’s super easy to enter, and one lucky winner will get:
- Char-Broil American Gourmet 600 Series Charcoal Grill (see specs here!)
- Edmond Fallot Dijon Mustard, French Farm Butcher Salt Box, & Confit of Figs & Balsamic Vinegar from The French Farm
- Sauce 3-Pack (Ketchup, BBQ, Veracha) from True Made Foods
- Wimpy’s BBQ Rub, Dilly Dust Seasoning, and Cheryl’s Jamaican Me Hungry Seasoning from Swine Dining
- A Perfect Pickler Kit from Perfect Pickler
- A gift basket of products from Fungus Among Us
- A gift bag of products from Dr. Praeger’s Sensible Foods
- All Natural Boneless Duck Breasts, Fully Cooked Roast Half Ducks w/Orange Sauce, Duck Bacon, Duck Wing Drummettes from Maple Leaf Farms
It’s pretty much everything you need to host an awesome cookout this summer. It’s a prize pack worth over $300! Thank you so much to all of the wonderful sponsors listed above, who have made #CookoutWeek possible.
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week with all of the bloggers participating to get some yummy #CookoutWeek recipes. Here’s the full list of participating bloggers:
The PinterTest Kitchen • 2 Cookin’ Mamas • A Day in the Life on the Farm • addicted 2 recipes • Aimee Broussard & Co. • Amy’s Cooking Adventures • Angels Home Sweet Homestead • Bakin’ and Eggcerpts • Balancing Motherhood • Body Rebooted • Cheese Curd In Paradise • Cindy’s Recipes and Writings • Cook With 5 Kids • Cook. Craft. Love. • Cookaholic Wife • Cricket’s Confections • Crumb: A Food Blog • Eat, Drink, Be Healthy! • Everyday Eileen • Fairyburger • Food Parsed • Get the Good Stuff! • Goodie Godmother • Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks • Home in the Finger Lakes • Jennifer Cooks • Jessie Weaver • Kate’s Recipe Box • Life on Food • Little House Big Alaska • Little Scratch Kitchen • Making Miracles • Moore or Less Cooking • Rhubarb and Honey • Savvy In The Kitchen • Seduction in the Kitchen • Simple Food 365 • Style Island • Thanks for Cookin’! • The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine • The Hungary Buddha Eats the World • The Spiffy Cookie • The Weekday Gourmet • This is How I Cook • Tramplingrose • Vintage Kitty • West Via Midwest
Looking forward to sharing some yummy recipes with all of our readers.