See…I told y’all I’d be cooking in my crockpot more during this move! Our closing date is inching closer and we are scheduled to close on the sale of our house this Wednesday afternoon. We’ve moved everything we own into storage and have moved into our RV and are ready to head to Houston late Wednesday afternoon. This will be an adventure!
Like I said in an earlier post, my crockpot will become my best friend in the kitchen over the next few weeks. It’s easier and doesn’t heat up the whole RV as much as firing up the oven and stove top. I’m sure we’ll be doing a lot of grilling too, if and when they lift the burn ban here in Texas…we don’t need anymore wildfires!
This is a very simple recipe that I usually make in the oven, but was super excited to see how well it turned out in the slow cooker.
Combine all of your ingredients in medium bowl.
Now the fun part…combine all the ingredients (I usually use my hands). The key is not to over mix. Just jumble things up until well combined. If you over mix, you’ll end up with a tough meatloaf.
In another bowl, combine cubed potatoes and peeled carrots and toss with 1/4 cup olive oil and seasoning salt (used: Jane’s Crazy Mixed Up Salt).
Shape meat mixture into a loaf in a well greased slow cooker. Place potatoes and carrots all around meatloaf.
(I feel like I just fell off the turnip truck, but I just discovered disposable slow cooker liners! I’m definitely going to be using them in every crock pot recipe I can!)
Squeeze a thick layer of ketchup all over the top of the meatloaf. Place lid on crockpot and set to low and cook for about 8 hours.
I really enjoyed being able to let this cook all day. It smelled great and was ready when we were finished with packing and cleaning parts of the house. I know it would be great to come home from work to a hot cooked meal.
- 2 poundsground beef
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers, crushed
- ¾ cup ketchup + extra for top
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package onion soup mix
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix to combine. Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray or line with disposable liner, and place meat mixture inside forming a loaf (this will not be touching the sides of the pot).
- Cover generously with ketchup and cook on low setting for about 8 hours.
- You may add potatoes, carrots and onions, by tossing them with ¼ cup olive oil and seasoning salt, if desired.
Incoming search terms:
- crockpot meatloaf
- crock pot meatloaf and potatoes
- crockpot meatloaf recipe with potatoes
- crock pot meatloaf and potatoes and carrots
- crockpot meatloaf with potatoes and carrots
- slow cooker meatloaf and potatoes
- crock pot meatloaf facebook