This creamy chicken and wild rice soup is packed with flavor and perfect for warming up on chilly nights. Chicken, Wild Rice and a cheesy creamy base make this velvety soup so comforting.
It’s finally cooling off here in Texas. The heat has lasted way too long this year, and I’m ready for a break! We don’t get much wintry weather here in Central Texas, but it does get crisp and cold in the late fall through February. I’m so looking forward to warm soups and stews, and fun evenings with family around the fire pit!
My mom introduced me to this soup recipe many years ago, and I absolutely love it! It has multiple ingredients that make it a very hearty soup that is great served as an evening 1-pot meal. Serve with crusty French bread and butter for a complete meal.
I have so many soup recipes to share in the future, but if you’re looking for more, check out these great soup and stew recipes from my site!
- 1 box Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice, cooked
- ½ pound bacon, fried & crumbled
- ½ onion, diced (sautéed in bacon grease)
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups half & half
- 4 cans chicken broth
- 1 cup Velveeta, cubed
- 1 cup chicken, cooked & cubed
- 1 bunch fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Fry bacon and crumble, set aside.
- In bacon grease, sauté onion until tender.
- Add all remaining ingredients and heat through.
Incoming search terms:
- cream chicken wild rice and sweet potatos soup