If you’ve never been to Rudy’s BBQ or have never heard of it, here’s a little bit about them. Rudy’s Country Store & BBQ is found on many major roadways in Texas. Rudy’s started in the small Texas Hill Country town of Leon Springs, where they were originally a one-stop gas station, garage and grocery store. In the 1980s, they added their now-famous BBQ, where you could order up lunch while you waited. Today, you’ll find many locations for Rudy’s and they still serve up slow smoked Texas Brisket, Turkey, Sausage, Chicken, Ribs and Pork Loin. They are also well known for their buttery potatoes, spicy beans, cole slaw, potato salad, and last but not least, their amazing cream corn! If you go, get it! Oh, also, get their banana pudding. I swear it tastes just like my recipe here!
Try this cream corn side dish with any of these great main dishes! Braised Beef Short Ribs, Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters, Cowboy Meatballs, Hamburger Steaks, Overnight Pot Roast, Pan Roasted Chicken and more!
If you’re using fresh corn, a great tool I use for cutting it off the cob is Kerry’s Kernel Kutter Kit. I use the hand tool only when I’m just making a small batch recipe like this one. It actually comes with a drill bit attachment if you’re doing large batches for canning or freezing that make this chore a breeze!
- 1 40-oz pkg frozen whole kernel corn -OR- 12 ears fresh corn, shucked & silks removed, cut off the cob
- 2 (8-oz) pkgs cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Whisk in flour and cook for about a minute, do not brown.
- Whisk in cream, then cubed cream cheese.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often until all of the cream cheese is melted and incorporated.
- Stir in sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir in all of the frozen corn and mix to coat.
- Slow Cooker Method:
- At this point you can put all of the corn mixture into a large slow cooker and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours, stirring a few times during the process to prevent the sides from burning.
- Casserole Method:
- Pour all of the corn mixture into an extra large, greased baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve warm.
- If Using Fresh Corn:
- Cut corn from cob and scrape with the back of a knife to get the “milk” out and stir it into the cream mixture.
Incoming search terms:
- rudy\s bbq cream corn recipe
- Creamed Corn
- rudy\s bbq corn recipe